Masur Griffitts Avidor (MGA) is a boutique law firm servicing founder, investor, and emerging companies based in NYC and CA. The firm’s areas of expertise are corporate, intellectual property, venture financing, mergers and acquisitions, and related contract work matters. Our clients are growth-stage companies in the creative, technology, cannabis, blockchain and crypto, and consumer product industries. For many clients, MGA plays an outside general counsel role.
We are looking for an associate to join our growing team. This position will focus on general corporate matters. The ideal candidate has experience in startup formation, venture capital, equity financing transactions, and corporate governance. Additionally, the ideal candidate will excel at project management, managing due diligence, cap table management, and will have experience negotiating directly with opposing counsel.
- JD from accredited law school
- NYS or CA license
- 3-4 years of relevant experience at a law firm
- Advanced verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team of attorneys
- Commitment to delivering high-quality work product and client experience
- Skilled project manager; ability to manage multiple, complex transactions simultaneously
- Role is based in NYC or CA, though scheduled to start as remote work due to Covid-19
MGA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.